Olympus OM Lenses - EOS Adaptors

Started Mar 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
LDunn1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,904
Re: Olympus OM Lenses - EOS Adaptors

Hi Andy,

I have been participating in another thread on the same subject:-

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1032&message=34837988

......I got a cheap ebay Eos-OM adapter & have been using my (growing!) colleciton of old OM kit on 5dmk2.

.......apart from lenses you can also use OM extension tubes & bellows unit. Note that if you want to use the Bellows unit you also HAVE to use an extension tube between body & bellows - the bellows mount does not clear the prism otherwise & you cannot mount the two directly......sandwich an extension tube between the two & you can.

I just did some sample shots of OM 21mm, 24mm, 35mm T&S & 55mm vs Canon 24-105L & 50 1.4 lenses. I think the shots I've posted so far do not really show much - I need to crop & show 100% views so that the imperfections can be better seen......the full frame uncropped shots are just too small via the DPReview gallery to reveal much.

I think i may have just added an OM 18mm to my collection too which I am excited about, so will post samples of that in due course too.

Would be good to get you to join in with the samples - what OM glass do you have?

LDunn1's gear list:LDunn1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow