Olympus PEN E-PL1 and Macintosh?

Started Mar 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom Boucher Senior Member • Posts: 1,518
Olympus PEN E-PL1 and Macintosh?

So, I apparently didn't look closely or something, but I guess I assumed since every other camera I have owned over the last few years came with at least a rudimentary Mac OS X based RAW converter imagine my surprise when I stuck the CD in and found a couple windows installation files, and nothing to run on my MacBook.

I checked the website under support and when you pick Mac OS X there is nothing to download.

Did I miss something? This is my first Olympus after almost a decade with Canon. I wanted a nice small camera after lugging a 5D everywhere for years for the 'simple' stuff and this really fit the bill for wife acceptability factor. But I have her shoot in RAW so I can tweak anything first.

Of course since it's a new camera Mac OS X doesn't recognize it with it's built in RAW. I see support for the E-P1 and E-P2 but I guess they changed formats on the E-PL1 as it just puts a ? on it in Aperture and iPhoto.

Any ideas that don't involve lots of money?

Tom Boucher's gear list:Tom Boucher's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow