Rebel XT VS Rebel T2i - Last call

Started Mar 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michel Savage
Michel Savage Contributing Member • Posts: 748
Rebel XT VS Rebel T2i - Last call

OK, one last time. These two pics were taken on a tripod and delayed shutter, with a Sigma 11-22 at F8, ISO 100. The entire set of focus points was used for focus.

I printed both pics on 8 X 10 at highest resolution. The T2i shows better processing, slightly better color & saturation. In terms of sharpness and detail, however, the XT seems to be the winner by a very slight margin that may simply be perceptual.

The pics were shot in RAW, imported into PDD, then into CS2. Sharpening was 100% and radius was 1 pixel. Nothing esle was done. The pics are full-size.

My conclusion (as a non-technical guy) is that the T2i is much better, specially for its LCD screen (you need glasses to rwead the XT's screen), Live View, processor, anti-dust, menus and handling. But the differences generated by 18 MP vs 8 MP are negligible and I wonder, maybe negative. But I'll let the tech heads decide that.

Someone on this forum said not long ago that I'd be disapointed in a 5D2. I wonder why. Someone else said that it is obvious that the 18 MP will be softer than the 8 MP.

Anyway, I've spent the last two days testing, checking, debatting here on DPReview. I still have many questions. I may keep the T2i because it's much nicer than the XT, but

resolution and sharpness wise, they're equal.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jr
jr
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow