Gf1 viewfinder, anyone have one??

Started Mar 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
dkojevnikov Regular Member • Posts: 447
Very low resolution and small field of view

I had one for exactly one day. Hated it so much that returned it the next day. Very small picture size and very low resolution. Worth mentioning is the fact that previously to purchasing a GF1 I tried G1 and loved its viewfinder so I was a little bit spoiled by its picture size and clarity (it was almost the size of my full-format Canon 5D). In addition GF1 with viewfinder attached is not that small anymore (it is tall), barely fits into my small camera bag so I did not see any reason in having it all the time on my camera. After several tests outside I decided that GF1's LCD is good enough even in bright light. As soon as a price for GH1+14-140mm dropped to $1100USD I immediately purchased one and instantly fell in love with its 16:9-capable sensor, especially when viewing my photos on a large screen LCD TV. I wish it did not have banding at ISO 1600/3200 otherwise these ISOs would be more than usable. So if you really want this viewfinder for GF1, don't try G1/GH1 first. If you decide to purchase it, do it somewhere where you can return it easily if you don't like it. Otherwise it serves its purpose but in my opinion it is overpriced and it is a shame to put such a low-quality product on a very well-made GF1.

dkojevnikov's gear list:dkojevnikov's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow