Pentax is past 10% market share in Japan

Started Feb 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ropen Senior Member • Posts: 1,479
Pentax is past 10% market share in Japan

Well the numbers from January are in:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://bcnranking.jp/news/1002/100204_16340.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhNivAN7jNgMnCCyL8fJenAI0E0Ug

K-x fell to 5th place but preserved the market share of 7.9% and K-7 is on 10th with a hefty 2.4%. The total for Pentax cameras is 10.3% and I assume they sell the last stocks of K-m and other older cameras also so the total market share could be somewhere above 10,5%. Not bad at all!

Other brief comments about this month top:

  • the undisputed leader - Canon Kiss X3 (500D or Rebel T1i) fell about 6% to its lowest score in 6 months or so.

  • 2nd place Nikon 5000D also fell about 1 percent;

  • 3rd (up 2 places) is D90 at 10.6% fuelled by recent price cuts;

  • at 4th GF-1 comes back with 0.1% more than K-x;

  • large price cuts propelled Panasonic G1 to 5.2% (almost double that the month before);

  • on 9th is Canon 7D with 4%.

No Sony or Olympus camera made it in Top 10

Summary on brands:

1st - Canon - 3 models - 29.1% market share ;
2nd - Nikon - 3 models - 27.5% market share ;
3rd - Panasonic - 2 models - 13.2% market share ;
4th - Pentax - 2 models - 10.3% market share ;

Unrepresented in Top 10 models: 19.9%

Radu

 ropen's gear list:ropen's gear list
Pentax K-3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow