Brand new 5DMKII - Is this fringing normal?

Started Feb 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP Boomz Veteran Member • Posts: 3,300
Re: Brand new 5DMKII - at 24mm it is pronounced

First off thanks to all who replied. I'm curious as there's mixed opinions about the cause of the extreme fringing.

I pixel peep because I print large prints - 36/42/48". I am printing even bigger hence the 5DMK2 purchase.

But from the comments I reviewed all 380+ shots taken yesterday and yes, this extreme fringing seems to happen at 24mm. So It think in part some of the guys are right.

Now I'm wondering which other lenses when paired with the 5DMK2 will produce this type of fringing. Knowing will help me better avoid it.

My other lenses with use on the 5Ds are: 70-200 f.28 IS, Sigma 12-24mm f4.5-5.6, 50mm f1.8, 35mm f2.0.

I'll definitely need to test them to understand their behavior on the 5DMK2.

There are those who also responded that they do not have this issue with their 5DMK2 with the 24-105 at 24mm. So I'm curious to know more. If they could be so willing to share ie photos, matadata, etc.

Again, I truly appreciate the responses. Hope more will chime in, too.

Boomz's gear list:Boomz's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus E-420 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jr
jr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow