MKIV Shoots Varsity Basketball with new firmware

Started Jan 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PIXLVChad New Member • Posts: 24
MKIV Shoots Varsity Basketball with new firmware

Friday night we shot the same team and location the was shot on Wednesday, this time with some minor adjustments and the new firmware. There was a noticeable difference from the first shutter actuation. Prior the MKIV performed very similar to the MKIII. The MKIII's that we have work great so I did not consider this a bad thing. The new firmware clearly grabs focus quicker and seams to hold it better. My impression of the MKIV after the first shoot was great, now with the new firmware and few of our adjustments for our shooting style my impressions are OUT STANDING!

We used the 24-70 at f2.8 - 1/800 - ISO 6400 for most of the game. I created my own picture style that works well for us and our work. This time we DID process them through a noise filter with a custom created profile. The only difference in noise that I could see was the filter process slightly reduced shadow noise.

All in all a great shoot with a fantastic camera. Now that I have the utmost confidence in the MKIV we will start to replace all of our MKIII's with the new bodies. Thank you Canon, Good Job!

Here is the new gallery. Enjoy!

http://www.pixlv.com/Basketball/High-School-2010/Western-at-Bishop-Gorman-1-29/11088588_USR2o#776474856_bSctS

-- hide signature --

Chad / PIXLV Photography.
Every day is PICTURE PERFECT

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow