Tips for shootng on TOP of a Hotel w/strobes ? (Repel down)

Started Nov 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
OP Hawaii-geek Veteran Member • Posts: 8,066
Chuck

Aloha Chuck,

It went well ...
but, how I "thought" I would do it ... and how I did it ... was different

Well, I missed the set up ... and the platform was smaller (less wide) than I thought it would be.

but, the big thing was there was three(3) repel's going down not just two. Because of the success of the event.

Ended up not using the stobes with beauty dish , with Super Clamps (although it would have worked, ok)

I went with a Ring Flash stobe from Alien Bee ... was suggested by the owner of Hawaii photo Rentals (he, has a growing stock of Nikon gear , by the way). And it was his unit.

Loved this set up ... allowed me to move, around on the small platform , and beat the backlight sun. With power to spare.

The charity raised over $ 250,000.00 that day.

HG

canfield wrote:

Hi Hawaii geek

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I have a tendancy to fall of the face of the planet occasionally.

How did your shot go? Everything work out okay?

Chuck

-- hide signature --

Eyes of Hawaii, Largest non-profit Photography club in Hawaii : http://www.eoh.smugmug.com/

Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a99 Sony Alpha a7R +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow