In-camera processing of long-exposure RAW data

Started Jan 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
cluna Senior Member • Posts: 1,403
Re: In-camera processing of long-exposure RAW data

In my initial de-mosaicing of Canon RAW back when the G3 came out was focused on testing how noise reduction (and hot dead pixels are noise with high freq) per channel before much was public domain on what raw really was. I found that just rejecting the sample data was more effective than clipping and value just interpolated. However, if calibration of the sensor changed, then darkframe subtraction needed to be done first if zero was off within a certain range. i just coded that in the past but there are some wonderful MATLAB libraries for image processing algorithm testing for the non programmers out there.

-C

way back then i was hoping that raw was not the accumulated values but rather 'frames' of sample data with a frame* per min time period..Info on sensor read was hard to find in that era:)* Ah, a temporal element to analyze would make it so much better* I now just think the best way is multiple separate short duration frames since the combination can approximate the sampling of a foveon since there will all ways be micromovents/jitter that allow for an integrated frame of near RGB pixel quality after processing. Much as how our vision and hearing works.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow