those 128 GB cards

Started Jan 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,546
Re: those 128 GB cards

lamah wrote:

Certainly, flash memory is reliable. But all the reliability in the world won't save you if the card happens to fall out of your pocket and get lost, get crushed by a closing car door, fall into a river and be washed away, or be inside your camera when it is stolen.

Well, if you have a card that you can leave in your camera all the time, you eliminate the "fall out of your pocket and get lost, get crushed by a closing car door, fall into a river and washed away" part. So you bring up a very valid point: having multiple smaller cards that you swap in and out increases your chances of something happening to those loose cards that aren't in your camera. Having one big card that you can leave inside your camera eliminates those issues. Then all you have to do is make sure you don't have your camera stolen. But I would still back up my one card onto a laptop while traveling anyways (do that at the end of each day when you're back at the hotel). The advantage, though, is that I could still keep a complete set of images on my internal CF card as well as on my laptop so I have a complete backup.

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a6000 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
MWP
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow