AI Servo Question

Started Jan 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
buddywoods Forum Member • Posts: 74
AI Servo Question

I have a question about AI Servo on the 7D. I was at the river taking pictures of eagles. A lot of my eagle pictures came out blurry. I’m thinking I may need to change some settings. On these first three pictures the background is sharper than the eagle but on the last one the eagle is sharper than the background so I don’t think it is a back focus issue.

Shot with the 7D and 400mm f.5.6. I was using AI Servo, single focus point, back focus button. All these were shot in Manual ISO 400, f/7.1, 1/2500 or 1/3200. I had AI Servo tracking sensitivity set between slow and normal, AI Servo 1st/2nd image priority was set to AF priority/Tracking priority, AI Servo AF tracking method was set to Continuous AF track priority. I’m wondering if I need to change the tracking sensitivity to normal or faster and change the tracking method to main focus point priority because the camera thought the eagle was an obstruction?

Thanks,
Buddy

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow