xsi or T1i ( 450 or 500) for nikon user

Started Jan 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
akjos
akjos Veteran Member • Posts: 4,595
xsi or T1i ( 450 or 500) for nikon user

I'm just visiting here for now. I'm toying with the idea of loosing my nikon gear... I MIGHT regret it later, hard to say without trying right...?

Looking at buch of photos online and reviews I somewhat like the majority of photos from XSI (450) better then new T1I (500). Anyone is using both at the same time, ?? pros, cons, ? is little over $200 on average for body worth it?

The reason- plain and simple- nikon lens lineup in KILLING me not even considering prices AND compatibility. Lot of great lenses are old design that will not AF on small "entry" level cameras.

I love my little D40 but my favourite primes 24 2.8 and 85 1.8 will not af .Same with my tokina 11-16 -not big deal... also my 80-200 2.8 will not af.... jeez.
I have D300 as well but sometimes I dont feel like dragging it along .

I like the fact that canon has now about $380 cheaper then nikon 17-55 2.8 AND with IS !!!

If I sell my nikon gear worth about 3.5 k on fleabay I could get 2 xsi or even t1i bodies, flash , etc. and some really nice lenses, like 17-55, and then 85 1.8 and 135 f2 or 70-200 f4 is. and probably break close to even.

OR get 24 -70 for future proofing, ( that one is about 500 cheaper then nikons as well) and get 10-22 and 135 f2 to go with it.

Or go 17-40 and 70-200 f4 is. But I'd probably rather have 17-55 2.8 is despite future compatibility with mark II.

Suggestions and opinions are very welcomed between these 2 bodies as well as suggested lens lineup from mentioned ones. (also think about getting sigma 8mm for virtual tour photography rather then 10-22)
Thanks.

If you look at my gallery, I shoot little bit of everything... except maybe sports.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow