Winter Wonderland GF1 (6 pics)

Started Jan 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BlairMacKay Forum Member • Posts: 57
Winter Wonderland GF1 (6 pics)

Hi all, this is my first post so bare with me. Long time reader but first time poster, first off thanks to all the people who contribute to this forum. I have learned a lot about photography and my camera from the pictures and threads posted here.

This set was taken in NorthEast China by the Songhua River. The water is warmer than the the air so fog rises from the water and covers the trees with snow (rime). The pics are taken with the GF1 and 14-45mm lens.

The camera and lens did extermely well. The temperature dipped to -25C in the morning and I only had to use one Chinese made battery for three days w/ 300 or so RAW+jpg shots and there was still charge left. No problems with the camera whatsoever.

All pictures taken RAW and PP in Lightroom 2. This is my first time shooting RAW so Comments and Criticism most welcome and appreciated.

sunrise over the river

early morning crossing

rime tree

sleigh path

winter wonderland

Again I am new to RAW so criticism and ideas will be much appreciated. Also this my first post so comments on the layout of the post (size of pics, text placement, ect.) would also be welcome, thanks for looking!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow