Samsung NX10 and the K mount

Started Jan 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
joannegrrl
joannegrrl Contributing Member • Posts: 707
Samsung NX10 and the K mount

Maybe it's just me, but I think Samsung made a mistake on a decision around this camera. Specification wise, it looks pretty good, but by shifting away from the K mount, it would seem to me that they missed a boat. I realize that they plan a K mount adapter, but that only implies that they could have gone K mount off the bat. Net effect, they bought out of the historical legacy of Pentax lenses and left themselves with a massive collection of 3 lenses available on release. I've seen forum postings (here and on other sites) knocking Pentax for their lens collection (usually ignoring 50+ years of options out there), so what will that mean for the NX10 then?

Anyways, kind of shame. I may have considered this camera with a K mount, but not without it. The biggest feature that attracted me was being able to turn off dark frame subtraction, something I can't do with my K20D, but it's not so big that I want to invest in other lenses just to use it.

On another thought... I'm not sure I'm keen on the idea of a digital viewfinder. There's a market trend here, but what's the power cost? I have to take a lot of pictures before recharging my batteries, but I have to figure that would drop if the camera is always actively using the sensor and driving a display.

joannegrrl's gear list:joannegrrl's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-E3 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow