I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP pcarfan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,917
Re: I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

sfa1966 wrote:

pcarfan wrote:

I've been critically evaluating as many K-x images as I can to evaluate it's performance and I would give it a 1 to 1.5 stop advantage over the K-7.

... whola! the [ISO 1600] image transformed into an absolutely stunning image with no discernible nosie, and I could not believe my eyes. I did not even need any NR as it looked fantastic at iso 1600. Just the default NR protocol in LR applied to the RAW file was sufficient. ... But, iso 1600 and iso3200 very fully usable with little NR and thanks to detail that was left, the image still looked non-plasticy.

Well, yes. But for those who live in not-so-luminous cities, the same LR+NR formula can be just as wondrously used at ISO 3200 and 6400 on the KX. There's the attraction, I suppose.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
sfa

A very limited photographer ...

Your argument is invalid, I'll give you a chance to figure out why.

-- hide signature --

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=2323984&subSubSection=0&language=EN

K10D, K-7
Pentax Primes: DA21/3.2, FA*24/2, F28/2.8, FA35/2, FA43/1.9, FA77/1.8, F135/2.8
Sigma Zooms: Sigma 10-20, Sigma 100-300 F4

'Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... 'Wow! What a ride!'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow