I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
HMayling Regular Member • Posts: 148
Re: I have a K10 and I'm not going anywhere :)

I remember the old days, if you didn't have any fast film, you would push it a little and be happy if you got a good usable shot. It seems to me that there are so many things that make a picture crappy or good, a little noise (grain) is immaterial almost. I see pictures that are, for a practical uses, smooth as a baby's bottom, and the photographer is comparing tiny crap to tiny crap.

When we have a camera with a sensor that has a 12 stop dynamic range, now that will make a difference! Half the size and weight of my K10D and lenses, of course.

Some of the great pictures I have seen have had grain the size of baseballs and some of the poorest pics I have seen are sharp, smooth and grain free. I'd really like to see more discussion of how to control what we've got, and what you did to get that fabulous shot! Most of my bad pictures are due to my lack of preparation, patience, understanding of my camera, and, most of all inability to see. I still have fun with my cameras, I am a techy by nature, but we (me included) have to remember what the tool is for.
--
Lord help me to consistently follow my own advice.

K10D, Sigma 17-70, Pentax 55-300, 50mm/1.4 SMC Takumar, 28/2.8-Super Takumar-M, Minolta manual 50mm macro lens. Pentax 360 flash, 4 old flashes and a pile of accessories.

HMayling's gear list:HMayling's gear list
Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow