I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP pcarfan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,917
Re: I have a K10 and I'm not going anywhere :)

Paul_E wrote:

Off topic- Hey pcarfan, you say you had researched all the systems before making the decision to go with Pentax, as though this just recently happened. I've seen your posts here and elsewhere, haven't you been with us for a while now? ; )

My first camera was the K10D, which I bought a couple of years ago. Then when it was time to upgrade I had a very good budget, so I looked into other systems. I have posts in the Nikon forum and here and the other Pentax forum pondering this decision. It was a close call, but at the end decided to stay with Pentax and purchase the K-7, it was tough as I think the D300 is a perfect camera. If Nikon had the small lenses with VR like Pentax it would have been a no brainer. I still think the D300s is a better camera, but the system didn't suit my needs.
--

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=2323984&subSubSection=0&language=EN

K10D, K-7
Pentax Primes: DA21/3.2, FA*24/2, F28/2.8, FA35/2, FA43/1.9, FA77/1.8, F135/2.8
Sigma Zooms: Sigma 10-20, Sigma 100-300 F4

'Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... 'Wow! What a ride!'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow