I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
wy2lam Veteran Member • Posts: 3,191
Re: I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Same experience here. As soon as people stop the pixel-peep, and realize that K-7's high ISO performance is not worse than a D300 and better than a 50D - where people haven't stopped producing amazing pictures on all of the above-mentioned machines.

Therefore, I cannot blame the camera for my ugly pictures. And if it's the case, there's no point in replacing a perfectly capable and portable camera.

(yes, when I made the decision to upgrade to a K-7 I rightfully blamed some bad pics on the K10D due to bad AF, slow speed, non-working dust shaking, etc. Never on ISO noise, though.)

Just realize that every single DSLR ever made since the days of the 300D have great high ISO capabilities. If ISO 6400 is required, well, until a 35mm sensor go into a K-7 sized body, I bet I'll still get more usable pictures out of my K-7 simply because I tend to leave large cameras home.

wy2lam's gear list:wy2lam's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow