I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP pcarfan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,917
Re: I have a K10 and I'm not going anywhere :)

ddldave wrote:

.................. In the end, the K-7 has sufficient high ISO for me, it's high ISO isn't near half as bad as everybody claims it to be.

True. even though I said iso 3200 isn't usable without NR, it doesn't mean it is terrible.

This was opened in LR and cropped prior to saving, No NR. iso3200.

The above has light background and fairly good light (not that this changes sensor noise), but I took one in light where I couldn't read what was written in the container. Take your camera and check what it takes to get f2, iso3200, 1/8th shutter...be careful , you'll trip yourself in the dark

This is with No NR at f2, iso3200, 1/8th hand held. IMO not usable without NR, but still not terrible.

I think the K-x has 1 - 1.5 stop advantage.

-- hide signature --

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=2323984&subSubSection=0&language=EN

K10D, K-7
Pentax Primes: DA21/3.2, FA*24/2, F28/2.8, FA35/2, FA43/1.9, FA77/1.8, F135/2.8
Sigma Zooms: Sigma 10-20, Sigma 100-300 F4

'Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... 'Wow! What a ride!'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow