I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP pcarfan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,917
Re: I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Dang! quoted the wrong person. This was a response to Tuputm's post and not soheil.

which read

Tuputam wrote:

pcarfan wrote:

Came home late last night and tried to put systems together in Sony, Nikon and Canon and again I could not put together anything even closely resembling my kit for speed, size, SR and price, not even close. But, then I thought I could sacrifice the size for better high iso and better AF with other systems, or get the K-x. Leaning more towards the K-x, and went to bed.

Except high ISO Kx is inferior camera in everyway to K7. For someone who already owns K7, trading K7 for Kx is not a fair trade. Having said that, Pentax probably isn't selling that many K7s after releasing Kx. They need to rectify the problem soon by releasing K7 upgrade with a better sensor (that is Sony's 14 MP CMOS sensor).*

pcarfan wrote:

soheil wrote:

Thanks for your very realistic post. As a K7 owner who usually won't go above iso 400, I was a bit annoyed by the recent posts about high iso noise. Your post was a very relieving one and by no means anybody should think you're referring to them as nosense stupids.

Do you think I should go for LR or do you have similar results with other programs?

Giving up my K-7 for a K-x did not even cross my mind for a nanosecond. I was considering having both. It is either the K-7 and K-x together, or one of the advanced cameras from Canikon or Sony, owning just the K-x was never an option. Sorry for being ambiguous. But, for now I have decided to keep the k-7 with the door to to purchase the k-x on top of my k-7 slightly ajar.....

-- hide signature --

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=2323984&subSubSection=0&language=EN

K10D, K-7
Pentax Primes: DA21/3.2, FA*24/2, F28/2.8, FA35/2, FA43/1.9, FA77/1.8, F135/2.8
Sigma Zooms: Sigma 10-20, Sigma 100-300 F4

'Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... 'Wow! What a ride!'

-- hide signature --

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=2323984&subSubSection=0&language=EN

K10D, K-7
Pentax Primes: DA21/3.2, FA*24/2, F28/2.8, FA35/2, FA43/1.9, FA77/1.8, F135/2.8
Sigma Zooms: Sigma 10-20, Sigma 100-300 F4

'Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... 'Wow! What a ride!'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow