I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
rogerstpierre Veteran Member • Posts: 3,935
Re: I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Tx for sharing your thoughts, well said. When it comes to it, all that really matters is the RAW image that one captures and the features that help you capture this image. The K7 RAW images are not worse nor better than the competition APS-C RAW images; certainly not to a point that it makes an actual difference in real life shooting. Most of the high ISO talks are about a feature that few are actually using with this caliber of DSLR: in Camera JPEGs. Therefore all the talks and hype about high ISO performance that isn't linked to RAW sensor performance are rather irrelevant as you just discovered for yourself. It's easy to get all Hoo and Haa with a clean high ISO K-x image, forgetting that the same can be achieved with a properly processed RAW K-7 image. It is good to see that Pentax has successfully developed a good JPEG engine in the K-x, which is aimed at entry-level users, this being their main target population. This being said, it doesn't make the K7 a dud !

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow