I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP pcarfan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,917
Re: I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

jake14mw wrote:

Nice post, it would be even more interesting if you posted the photo you're referring to.

I totally agree that this forum has become a little (well...more than a little) high ISO crazy lately. I guess I understand enjoying something that a Pentax camera does well, but it seems that so many have forgotten about the fact that high ISO performance is only one small part of a puzzle of owning a camera that best meets your needs. I'd much prefer to own a camera that has all of the features and controls that the K-7 has.

Things go in waves, it will settle down soon, and anyway, good for Pentax in creating an affordable well performing camera. If people in the U.S. could see it and buy it in stores, it would sell all that much better.

I knew the images are lacking, but there is no way I can post those candid shots here. It was New years party after all...;)

P.S: Also, with all that write-up, my point may be ambiguous. I am not saying the K-7 is shitty and I am putting up with it, rather, it looks shitty only when I base my decision on LCD jpeg images. Everything the K-7 lags behind the competition (iso, AF etc. ) in real life use, has absolutely no relevance. Where as the size, SR, and price which it trumps over the competition, are very relevant to me in real life. So, as I shoot RAW, I am giving up NOTHING and getting EVERYTHING from the Pentax K-7........I am not saying the k-x is not better for some purposes. if I am routinely shooting in Jpeg and available light at iso3200 and 6400 (RAW or jepg), it is the clear winner, and that is why I am not totally excluding that as an option....
--

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=2323984&subSubSection=0&language=EN

K10D, K-7
Pentax Primes: DA21/3.2, FA*24/2, F28/2.8, FA35/2, FA43/1.9, FA77/1.8, F135/2.8
Sigma Zooms: Sigma 10-20, Sigma 100-300 F4

'Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... 'Wow! What a ride!'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow