OT: Why no Prosumer HDD Camcorders ?
I know this is OT, but, from what I have there are some people here who know a lot about video as well.
My question is, why are there no prosumer level video cameras, between $2000 and $6000, with hard disk drive recording? Are DV tapes superior to HDD?
I would like to buy a good video camera but the hassle of the tapes, the long time it takes to get them onto a PC and specific PC hardware required just turn me off the idea totally.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%