Hi, I have been using my Canon 450d for about 3 months, and found myself regularly wanting to take macro photo's and would like to invest in a macro lense. I have looked at the Canon 100L USM but wondered whether it would be worth stretching to the Canon 100L IS USM?
Just to clarify - the two models are the 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM (this is not an "L"), and the new 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro USM.
Has anyone tried the new lense is it much better or worth going the extra money?
If you need a lens of that calibre then it's worth the money! The new hybrid IS system is very impressive.
You should also look at the 60 macro - very good and less than half the price.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)