Can you identify this device?

Started Dec 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
James Cafferty Veteran Member • Posts: 5,364
Can you identify this device?

I am trying to help a friend identify a magnifying device that belonged to her grandfather (1870-1950). The device is 2 5/8" high and has an adjustable eyepiece that moves up and down.

She wants to know what it is --- and what it is used for?

M. Blink 16
C R Goerz Berlin

Thanks! for any insight you may be able to provide.
All the best,

Photographers take pictures, not cameras.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow