Monolithic Color: Gold! - oddity

Started Dec 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
Jan2009 Regular Member • Posts: 461
Re: Monolithic Color: Gold! - oddity

Manualfocus (thanks to my Finnish connection ;),

Please do not get me wrong, I too am learning here in Dpreview challenges. If you notice, I have directed the attention to your voters/fans/followers. I hope you also agree that the recent jazz photo is not at par with the top 10 result. My only concern in the future is having your entries not taken seriously because of the unfair votes.

For the record, I have high respect for Finnish people at work, as I agree with their honestly and straight answer, so I am not picking a fight especially on Christmas day.

DarylK complaining to dpreview can hopefully trigger their investigation on who are THESE voters that votes down on the entries particularly in the recent Jazz contest. If you observed, there are at least 5 times of 0.5 votes on all the top 10 and only Manualitarkennus had a single 0.5 vote, not to mention the high votes on 5*. But objectively speaking the photo in my opinion is not that good, No offense Manualitarkennus.

Have a wonderful Christmas to all of you.

br,
Norberto

Jan2009's gear list:Jan2009's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow