Monolithic Color: Gold! - oddity

Started Dec 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
Manuaalitarkennus Regular Member • Posts: 160
Re: Monolithic Color: Gold! - oddity

DarylK wrote:

If I ever have the misfortune of running into a situation like this, I'll create a new alias and not tell anybody (family/friends) to try to reestablish an unbiased scoring.

Manuaalitarkennus,
Hang in there and try to keep it fun and fair - and keep shooting and entering!

Daryl

Thank you Daryl, it's nice to know there's still someone who trusts me.

If there really is someone trying to help me with fishy voting, I don't think a new alias would help - my friends and family have already seen a lot of my photos and I believe they'd even recognize my style quite easily when they haven't. My web pages aren't the "best of -collection" type but there's a series of changing "exhibitions" of my newest photos, so it wouldn't be easy to avoid entering photos I've already published there. I can't even remember all of the photos I've published. (I've never told anyone my alias, the few people who know it found it out themselves.)

I still have a hard time believing anyone (my friends or family) would do anything like this to me. I really hope someone would come up with some other explanation. But most of all, I hope to get honest opinions and votes on my photos, believe it or not. I'm far too serious with photography to cheat in any way - and surely not serious enough with these challenges.

I'll always keep shooting, and for now I'll also keep entering and hope these issues could soon be forgotten.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow