Monolithic Color: Gold! - oddity

Started Dec 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
DarylK
DarylK Senior Member • Posts: 2,198
Re: Monolithic Color: Gold! - oddity

Jan2009,

All the 0.5 votes are certainly a problem (I seem to have received my share in the Monolithic Color: Gold challenge as well). However, with all due respect, I don't know what complaining to dpreview will accomplish. They have no control over how people vote. If I ever have the misfortune of running into a situation like this, I'll create a new alias and not tell anybody (family/friends) to try to reestablish an unbiased scoring.

Manuaalitarkennus,
Hang in there and try to keep it fun and fair - and keep shooting and entering!

Daryl

Manuaalitarkennus wrote:

Jan2009 wrote:

Maybe we should try to complain more to dpreview about this unfairness.

I'll be the first to complain. Do you really think this is fun for me? I'm only hoping I wouldn't have to leave this page, this could be fun and educative and many times has been, but if the votes aren't honest, there's no point... now I'm a scapegoat here, and almost ready to leave dpreview.

I can see my votes aren't average. In fact, I was the one to point it out ( http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1005&message=33615518 ) - would I have done that if I did it myself?

-- hide signature --

DarylK

DarylK's gear list:DarylK's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fisheye Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow