K20 or Kx

Started Dec 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
jamesm007 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,663
Re: You tell us what...

duber3 wrote:

I haven't see this berore I bought my K20d, in the review they said that the K20 suffers from hot pixel, I did a search in google and found a lot of complaint about this behavior but I saw that all complaint are in the year 2008, is the K20d still suffers from this problem

I wrote to the support of pentax and they said that they haven't hear about this problem

Its amazing how well trained Pentax support staff is they know a lot of Pentax own products... ;(. I guess the policy is the less they know the better; its real and limits what the phone support can say; but for us its very encouraging indeed to know how well informed our help is LOL

OP

So.. Well you have read of the issues. The issue was mainly confined to using the 2 second timers. Pentax quickly released a new firmware that completely addressed the issue. First it removes the problem, second it allows the end user to pixel-map the sensor anytime he or she wishes (about once a year). So up date your firmware and you have no problems. The K20D has had two firmware updates. The first a month or so after it came out was for the hot-pixels and maybe some other improvements. The second that just came out the middle of this year is to improve the SR accuracy a bit.

Thank!!

-- hide signature --
 jamesm007's gear list:jamesm007's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow