Highly Recommended (Just)??!!

Started Dec 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 26,395
Re: For the record

mamallama wrote:

When I was quite young and living in the deep, segregated South, I addressed a black man as Mr. Harris. A woman chastised me and said I should address a black man as "boy". I later found out why and that memory is indelibly with me. That's my parallel memory.

And a strong memory it seems.

Now - I dont know if you believe me or not - but I have absolutely no intention to quarrel with you over some semantics of the word "tool" and I have absolutely no intention at all awaking unpleasant old memories. I suggest we lay this unfortunate discussion aside and go elsewhere in the wonders of DPReview. There is much more pleasant and fruitful things to do.

And just for your information. I live in Sweden and I have no personal references whatsoever to your experience. All I know is that it is something that happened a long time ago in a place far away.

The "long time ago" is not entirely true I now understand.

Moreover - and here I dont really know how to find the correct words in a foreign language - I think you have to find some way of handling this traumatic memory - some way of putting it to rest and convince yourself that this WAS a long time ago in another kind of world - something that is not going to be allowed to be a burden now. How the society was then is not yours nor any others fault - its just how things were.

-- hide signature --
 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow