Highly Recommended (Just)??!!

Started Dec 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 26,395
Re: For the record

mamallama wrote:

And I hope you see that the G11 has more capabilities than the F200 ?

Does that make one a tool and the other not?

As I said - my posts were not about semantics and the proper meaning of words.

There are differences between G11 and F200 regarding usability and possibilities. And if you cannot address that difference - then the lightest, smallest and cheapest camera wins all comparisons.

So - why should anyone consider G11 when the "superior" F200 exists? Maybe ... those differences in handling and capabilities?

Sounds like you are trying some type of put-down and feeling some superiority complex with your big bad powerful G11.

In your fantasy only. As I said - I have both G10 and F20. Both have their place. I like to use G10 better. It makes better images for me. With F20 I have to be more careful to get very good images. Its small and flimsy and hard to hold steady.

In truth, I think if you read between the lines of the DPR reviewer in the G11 review, he was alluding that that such a large body deserves a larger sensor in today's market.

Point me to a 5x zoom camera with wide angle capacity and large sensor that is as small as the G11 and I shall consider that point.

-- hide signature --
 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow