D-Lux 4 2.2 firmware

Started Dec 18, 2009 | Discussions thread
l_objectif
l_objectif Forum Pro • Posts: 21,401
Update for Dlux4, 2.2 firmware

I updated the firmware to 2.2 and I already find much difference from 2.1.

Maybe it is only in my imagination, but I find the few quick shots that I just made quite nice.

At ISO 80 , the noise for 1:1 was very reasonable and I didn't notice any different with 4:3.

At ISO 200 , the noise is certainly not as bad as I previousely mentioned with firmware 2.1. As the matter of fact, I find it very acceptable !

For those who are working on Lightroom : You can open 1:1 raw files in your LR. Most of you may still have LR version 2.5. It is not working with this version. But you can upgrade (for free) to version 2.6. It DOES work with this version!

This is also a good news for those who have Photoshop CS4! I guess an upgrade of the raw and DNG files would very soon be available for 1:1 raw files....

Too bad for me and those of us who still work with PS CS2!...

Finally, it seems the firmware is working well; but I don't know about the French language since I prefer it in English!

Good luck to all,
--
Louis

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow