X1 review is up

Started Dec 18, 2009 | Discussions thread
liviutza Regular Member • Posts: 488
Re: Let the bashing begin!

It is "electronic", meaning that's actually image processing, and not mechanical stabilization. As you can't do that in raw, it's just more or less smart processing. Not as gross as simply increasing ISO and calling it "shake reduction" as some manufacturers do, but not "real" stabilization either, and not so useful; the review is probably not saying it openly for sentimental reason, but the hint is that it is better to leave it off at all times.

All in all, this is probably the first Leica digital camera that has significant disadvantages over lower-priced cameras, and no significant advantages over competitors. The lens is good, but equal to Panny (and slower), speed is mediocre (vs. competitors), and so on. I would never buy a Leica with my income, but I can affor a GF-1, and now knowing it's a better camera just makes me wish to save that money faster :).

liviutza's gear list:liviutza's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Canon EOS 6D Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow