I want resolution

Started Dec 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
audiobomber
audiobomber Veteran Member • Posts: 5,766
Re: I want resolution

Leuf wrote:

audiobomber wrote:

The 50D also outperforms this photographer by a laughable amount.

The only thing laughable is that you think you know anything about this photographer based only on what gear he uses.

Actually I know him very well. He selected the 50D because it has 15mp and my K20D only has 14.6; plus his camera is more expensive and the salesman told him Canon is better than Pentax. He tells me over and over that it shoots 6 fps.

He was complaining about some of his photos taken in room lighting. I started to explain AWB and why he needed to use the Tungsten setting. He wouldn't even let me finish. Not interested, it requires him to change a setting on the camera. I tried to explain about shutter speed and slow lenses, he's not interested in changing lenses. Talking about exposure loses his attention immediately. He won't change any defaults and only uses Green mode. He's buying a grip though, because he has large hands and because it makes his big Canon look more impressive.

Please tell me why he needed to spend an extra $1K for the handling of a 50D over the baseline Canon. Or why he needs 15mp when he only intends to use a superzoom.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow