Highly Recommended (Just)??!!

Started Dec 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
mamallama
mamallama Forum Pro • Posts: 53,467
Re: All above average

StillHaveMyDiana wrote:

I'm relieved that all 22 cameras that were reviewed were above average. I guess that means that at least 22 cameras in the same categories were examined and found to be below average. Since DP Review covers all the major manufacturers, something here does not make sense.

IIRC, this topic has been addressed by DPR before, saying something like this: The DPR-tested cameras are rated with respect to the whole universe of current cameras in its category. Of course they don't test every camera, so, I assume, it's a gut feel. It doesn't matter that they don't test every camera because the DPR rating is, itself, just a gut feel. It doesn't seem to be correlated with the score box above the ratings. as many have pointed out.

I guess the gut feel rating has value if you respect the reviewer. Just a few weeks ago, some on these forums went agog when David Pogue, NYT camera reviewer, stated his personal camera is a Canon S90. They respect his choice.

-- hide signature --

mamallama

mamallama's gear list:mamallama's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow