Dlux4, 1:1, my test!

Started Dec 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
l_objectif
l_objectif Forum Pro • Posts: 21,401
Dlux4, 1:1, my test!

Today, I finally had a little time to test the new firmware with ratio 1:1!

First of all, I must say that I am very disappointed to find the 1:1 raw files different from the usual Dlux4 raw files. The only software I have that could open 1:1 raw files, one by one, was Capture One, upgraded to the version 4.8.3. Being used to Photoshop, I really dislike this program very much.

As I was shooting inside the museum and handheld, I used ISO 200. As a result, I had lots of noise!... I don’t know if this is due to the new firmware, to 1:1, or to Capture One, but with ISO 200, I had much more noise than when I normally shoot with ISO 400. All the following shots have been in “Noiseware Pro” before posting!

For the last B/W shot, I used ISO 80 (The subject was out door). The noise was much better, but still quite noisy!

As a result, I think I would prefer to shoot at 4/3 or 3/2 ratio, then crop to square frame! Unless there is something that I am missing!

I should also add that as I am always shooting in raw and working my shots in PS, the change in colors (if any) of the new firmware was not noticeable or important to me. As for AF, I couldn’t detect any difference!

-- hide signature --

Louis

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow