"Camera chow, picture wow." What does that mean???

Started Dec 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sean000 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,726
"Camera chow, picture wow." What does that mean???

Dear Mr. Spacey... I understood where you were going in your Pen ad up until the "Camera chow, picture wow" part. I guess "picture wow" means you want great pictures with lots of wow-factor. But "camera chow?" Were you going off-script Kevin?

Did I hear you wrong? I backed up the clip and listened again... still sounds like "camera chow" to me. I assume you are using something like 60's beatnik speak to say, "I want an average looking camera that takes exceptional looking photos."

Overall it's a decent teaser ad that is clear about who the market is: Folks who want a high-end camera without hauling a bag or vest full of DSLR gear (I guess you, Kevin, are not planning to carry more than the pancake prime...and even that you carry in a separate pocket from the camera body). It doesn't exactly show anything of the picture quality though... it's an ad about how you look while holding a camera more than it is about how well the camera works. It sure comes off as snobby though... implying that a Pen will make you look like a more mature and more sophisticated photographer, while a DSLR makes you look like a tourist or maybe a younger and less sophisticated actor? Maybe an Ashton Kutcher?

Love your acting, by the way.

sean000's gear list:sean000's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus OM-D E-M5 +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow