7d or NiKon D700?

Started Nov 26, 2009 | Discussions thread
The Aussie Viking
The Aussie Viking Senior Member • Posts: 1,361
Re: 7d or NiKon D700?

I was in Singapore in October, and as my 7D hadn't arrived, I was using a 5DMkII with the 24-70mm L lens, and my cherished EF-s 17-55mm F2.8 IS lens was on my wife's 50D. In low light at the Night Safari, the 50D with the 17-55mm lens kicked the 5D's butt due to the IS assisting the AF in poor light. It was getting crisper images than I could manually focus in the poor light.

After that discovery, there is no way I'd part with the 17-55mm lens at all. I also found that close-up's with the 100-400mm L lens on the 5D were way too shallow DOF even at F5.6, and prefer the DOF that crop offers. I simply don't need shallower. Add to it the better reach from a crop body, and the 7D's frame rate, AF and features, I would be going with the 7D, and giving up any thought of letting go of the 17-55mm lens.
--
The Aussie Viking

The Aussie Viking's gear list:The Aussie Viking's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Xto
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow