d90 k7 d3000 and kx

Started Dec 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
policeman0077 Junior Member • Posts: 35
d90 k7 d3000 and kx

i am noob in dslr and i am using a compact dc ( canon ixus 70). it's a well build small

camera. but sometimes it annoys me a lot. because when the light is not very well,the

camera will slow down the shutter or turn the flash lamp.i really hate the pics take with

the lamp turning on, thought i have tried to putting some paper towel on the flash, the

result is still awful. so i always turn off the flash and i have to turn higher iso to

prevent the shaking of my hand. the result is i lost a lot of details and see a lot of

nosie.....
so i want to buy a dslr.

and i found the lens are mush more expensive than the body .so i think choose a camera with

a Lens mount having a lot of low price high performence new or second hand lens maybe a

good choice.i have do some search on the lens and lens mount. and i fount that that the

d40/d60/d3000 due to its special structure mount it can support all the lens nikon made

including pre-ai ai ais and the new af mount.but the d40/d60/d3000 haven't got the af motor and can't support the auto exposure when use mf lens(because lack of exposure bar i don't know how to explain).and the d90 has the af motor but it doesn't support pre ai mount and auto exposure when use the mf lens.and only the d200\d300 can support all the mf lens and provide auto exposure.

k7 and kx is has more support for mf lens.m42 lens are cheap and can be easily mounted on the camera using a adapter.pk mount lens are also cheap, well build and easy to find.but the active af point is not displayed in the viewfinder.

ok,thank you to read here. and i know i don't explain my idea very clealy.
to sum up, my question is:

1.which camera has many cheap lens to use?(include manual, new and second hand lens)

2.dose d90 worth the more price of the d3000 for a noob?(the video dosen't matter to me)
3.what do you think about k7 and d90

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow