Canon 7D - Did I make mistake?

Started Nov 13, 2009 | Discussions thread
Maximillan Regular Member • Posts: 488
Re: Did I make mistake?

Well spotted! Thanks for the correction.

dat331 wrote:
Yes you DiD !!!!

It's " ... would be ideal " , Not " ... would ideal ... "

Sorry I can't help ...

Don't take it seriously ...

dat331

Maximillan wrote:

The 7D has the best autofocus system of the Canon APS cameras so it would be perfect for what you're using it for but you really need another lens. Depending on your budget either one of the Canon 70-200L lenses (expensive but high quality) would ideal, or if they're too expensive, the Canon 70-300 or a third party lens from Sigma or Tamron.

karenlh wrote:

It's a little late to be asking this, but I'm still interested in your opinion.

I wanted a camera that will take good indoor volleyball photos in extremely poorly lit gyms (middle schools). So far I've tried this:

Pentax *istDL (because it was cheap) - Adding the 50mm lens helped, but not enough.

Pentax K10D (because I already had 3 Pentax lenses) - Improvement over *istDL - but, again, not what I was after. There was a great deal of noise at ISO 1600, plus shutter speeds were still down around 1/125.

SO... I decided to switch to Canon and bought the 7D with the 50mm F/1.4 lens. I was able to use it at a high school game. The photos were much, much better than I've had in the past. However, I'm wondering if I could have gotten acceptable images with the 50D or one of the Rebel series cameras. Did I gain that much improvement in picture quality at high ISOs over these other cameras? I'm wondering if I should have invested my money in add'l lenses instead of a good body. When I've tried to save money in the past, I ended up with 2 cameras that I wasn't happy with. I didn't want to risk that happening again. It's hard for me to test cameras in the store as the conditions are so different than in a volleyball/basketball game.

What do you think? Did I make a mistake in buying the 7D?

Thanks,

Karen

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD jsanch08
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow