Don’t need new body. Need new lenses!

Started Nov 6, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mpgxsvcd Veteran Member • Posts: 8,094
Don’t need new body. Need new lenses!

Don’t need new camera body. We need new lenses!

I am still a little perplexed at why people are so caught up in the new camera bodies(EP-2, Sony….etc). There really isn’t that much that they can improve on in the camera body. The lenses are where we need to see the improvement.

The lens selection right now is OK but it could be so much better. I don’t understand why they would convince some of us to switch to an interchangeable lens camera and then not offer a large selection of lenses.

I would be happy if Panny and Oly didn’t announce a new camera for a full year but announced a new lens every month or two.

I would guess that they make more money on lenses than on camera bodies. It seems like they have enough camera bodies out there(GF1 and EP1 sales are strong) that they could concentrate on lenses now.

I sure would like to see the equivalent of the LX3 lens for my GF1. 12-30 mm @ F2.0-2.8 would be outstanding. How hard would it be to make that lens for the GF1 and would it be expensive? It wouldn’t necessarily need IS with it either.

-- hide signature --
 mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow