D700: A Grand Camera

Started Nov 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
MrsNikon Contributing Member • Posts: 628
Thanks

MrsNikon wrote:

Wow! It must be getting harder/morre expensive to find development labs -- or are you doing your own?

I use Miller's but the last 220 I shot was in July.

Early 90s... ok so you probably know a lot about digital and, I presume, about post processing?

Actually, not the case. Still a lot to learn. I know how to use the camera but the whole post processing road has been a rocky one. I'm hoping now that I have my new computer I can eventually upgrade Photoshop. My PC Photoshop license was for a few generations/versions ago so that is a big investment to get the latest for the Mac OS platform. However I probably could live without it.

Tell me about it

Yes, I have a new Mac as of June 2009. Went from 1998 to 2009 technology. I was long overdue. Now comes choices, ie. Lightroom, Photoshop, Aperture, Plug-ins, monitor calibration software, do I want a new printer -- do I even want to print?
Too many forks in the road to take that could lead me down a path to a dead end.

My best overall advice --if you haven't alreay guessed-- is to shoot RAW/NEF format files (not Jpeg) and learn as much as you can about post processing.

That is what my peers are telling me that are still shooting weddings. I hung up that hat about 4 years ago however I still have the drive and desire to keep my personal photography quality up to that par. I helped my former assistant on a wedding about a month ago and it was my first, hands on use of the D3 and D300. Wow is the only word. I was basically helping him with extra lighting and hauling gear but he let me play around with his spare Nikon bodies during parts of the day.

I agree with the other posters about the images you initially posted. They have punch but not so much that they look over saturated. If I could produce images like that in post, I would feel that I've met my goal. We shall see. I need to take one step at a time.

MrsNikon's gear list:MrsNikon's gear list
Sony RX100 VA
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow