D700: A Grand Camera

Started Nov 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
gefrorenezeit Contributing Member • Posts: 564
Re: Thanks Andy... Color saturation and the camera

CamasJC wrote:

gefrorenezeit wrote:

A bit too hefty procesed colorwise - but thats just my taste.

I know what you mean and appreciate the feedback. Actually... after pre-processing the raw files in ACR (histogram optimization) I found that I had to tone down the color quite a bit. That red Arizona sandstone really intensifies at sunset. If you google "Grand canyon/images" you will be amazed at how many evening shots seem oversaturated, especially on the red channel. (Which, IMO, some of them really are.)

I surely take your word for that since i have never been there.

Otherwise just breath taking shots - it is not the cam which is doing so well!

Thanks. Seriously though, I (still) have my old D200 and love it for what it can do (or perhaps I keep it for the memories) but I just know it couldn't handle this subject anywhere near as well as the D700.

Yes, the D700 class cameras are milestones in my eyes - my D700 is really liberating since i am shooting many portraits with AL under any conditions. The RAW files are a pleasure to work with - thy do remember me as it was with RAWs out of my Hassi DBack i once owned.....;)

Andy

-- hide signature --

whatever you do - do it with passion.

http://www.gefrorene-zeit.de

gefrorenezeit's gear list:gefrorenezeit's gear list
Sony a7R II Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH Sony E 20mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow