S90 Repair Experience... A+

Started Nov 4, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
contravox Junior Member • Posts: 45
S90 Repair Experience... A+

I was a goof and attached my new S90 to a gorilla pod, which flipped over from the legs not being evenly spread. After falling on the linoleum floor, I noticed the lens (which had been extended) was pushed in on one side and was no longer operating. I sent the camera to Canon and called them to explain what had happened and to pay the $164.00 repair fee for an out-of-warranty replacement of the lens assembly. I knew this was my fault and was very forthcoming about my negligence.

And here's where it gets interesting.

I received a package back from Canon Repair today with a brand new S90 in it, box and all. I had only sent in my bare camera with no battery or other accessories. Canon replaced the entire camera and did not ask for the other items back. I was so pleasantly surprised at this and would recommend the Canon Repair facility for being not only quick with the repair and turn around time, but being so gracious with their inventory. Bravo!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow