Canon 7D vs. Nikon D300s - ISO/Noise Comparison

Started Oct 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
Katherine Lud Regular Member • Posts: 376
Re: Canon 7D vs. Nikon D300s - ISO/Noise Comparison

I have both cameras right now and there is no comparison. Canon beats my beloved D300 hands down in noise handling, focus tracking, overall colors and sharpness, vivid display, etc. Also I find the buttons more intuitive and better laid out on the Canon (and I like having more buttons for things like the JPG/RAW and the "Q" button for the quick change of the various parameters).

The only thing I really don't like is how you delete shots by essentiallly having to push buttons 3 times. With the D300, you just push the trash button twice. That's it. Super fast and easy. Also it seems that in order for me to zoom in to a pix on the viewfinder, I first have to push the arrow button to bring it up into view. If I just push the little + zoom key, my screen goes blank. With the NIkon once you take the shot, you can look at histograms, zoom in and out to 100% etc with only one click.

Otherwise, as a forever Nikon user (since high school, really) who has owned the N90, D100, D200 and D300 of late, my 7D beats them all hands down.

The biggest test will be the 100mm Macro IS that is on my wishlist for Xmas. It's hard to beat the Nikon 105mm VR lens so I am hoping the Canon can do it!

Katherine

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow