Windows 7: Boxed version

Started Oct 25, 2009 | Discussions thread
jpegman
jpegman Contributing Member • Posts: 818
Re: Windows 7: Boxed version

Dave Derrig wrote:

I had a beta version of windows 7 running (that was installed while I was running vista ultimate 64bit). I Purchased the upgrade windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, downloaded it and then removed the hard drive running the beta version. I then installed a new Hard Drive and was able to boot from the DVD I made from the download and Install a clean copy on my new Hard Drive. It worked perfect and never to my surprise did it ask me to pop in my Vista DVD to prove it was a legit upgrade!

Windows 7 is slick, good job MS!

Does your PC only have 1 hard drive?

Sounds like you had one with Vista 64 and a second hard drive where you installed Win7 beta version, which you then replaced with new hard drive and then loaded Win7 ultimate from your Ultimate upgrade DVD, while the 2nd hard drive containing Vista 64 was still mounted - Is this correct?

Or, does you PC only have 1 drive mounted at a time - initially Vista 64, replaced by Win7 Beta, then finally replaced by Win7 Ultimate upgrade?

Jpegman

Jpegman

jpegman's gear list:jpegman's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow