Canon Line Offset Noise

Started Oct 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
Wesayso Regular Member • Posts: 432
I'll support this view...

Thank you for this post. It says about all I could want to say on this subject. I've read all these analyses threads on the 7D and even the old ones on the 50D, because I own that camera (as does John I believe). For me the point in reading these threads is mostly curiousity and obtaining some knowledge and insights.

I've looked up the old threads on the 50D when I was shopping for that model to know what I could expect. I'm just glad I did read those views and bought the 50D anyway.

I really don't think John and others are saying the 7D is a bad camera. From what I've read the're saying it could have been better. IMHO the specific camera with the mazing effect at low ISO was a faulty camera and I do think our analists have turned every pixel up side down to find out why.

There will be other problem camera's out there but I think this thread is about making something good even better, that is if Canon wants to put their minds into it. Showing it is possible to do just that. How is that a bad thing? From what I've seen the 7D is better in than my 50D in read noise so progress is made and proves these cameras can get better over the years. Pointing out the weak spots isn't a bad thing is it? It may even help the next generation to improve.

Why make it personal, we can all learn from each other here. If I were having problems with my camera I'd love to have this team of analists check out my concerns.

To those who have bought the 7D and are happy with it don't doubt your choise and stay happy. You've bought a great camera (I envy many features). May the next one be even better ;).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow