Canon Line Offset Noise

Started Oct 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
on2art Forum Member • Posts: 78
suggest a separate tech forum

Yes, I am very thankful for the generosity of the more technically astute as seen in various forums.

Their on going contribution helps to dispel so much wrong thinking that actually appears to be somewhat exploited by manufacturers in the marketing of digital cameras. Today I was at a popular well known camera store and the sales people were convinced that noise of any sort correlates directly to pixel density.

It is more than a little exasperating to find how passionate they are at telling their little stories about how the G11 is so much better than the G10 because Canon "wisely upgraded" to a lower pixel count for that approximately 2/3" size of sensor found in many better compacts but passionate story telling sells cameras, yes.

Anyhow what I would really like to see is a separate forum where more of these technical discussions might develop complete clarity without interruption from characters who are really trying so hard to focus on the rather more popular way of thinking.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow