Canon Line Offset Noise

Started Oct 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
thaBuzzed Regular Member • Posts: 128
Re: It should work IMO

Interesting thread. I hope this specific optimization for the 7D makes its way into RAW conversion software down the pipeline.

JimH wrote:

kolas wrote:

Btw. that is my dream, a dedicated BW DSLR, w/o the color filter array, with full luminance information in every pixel and ISO sensitivity shooting through the roof.

It's funny, but that's also been a dream of mine. Even though it seems like such a camera would be very cheap to build, I suppose that its limited appeal would still make it fairly expensive just due to the low demand.

That's a pity. Black and white is so wonderful. Imagine an 18 megapixel sensor with no CFA. Just a true 18 MP monochrome image with higher ISO sensitivity and a really weak (or no) AA filter. Maybe we're among the few who would like to see such a thing, but I'll bet there are at least a few others out there.

But I'd hate to have to pay a huge premium to get it.

Your dream has come true but you do pay a HUGE premium -read up on the PhaseOne achromatic back.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/achromatic.shtml

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
xxD
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow