S90 & G11 – my final conclusions & suggestions

Started Oct 12, 2009 | Discussions thread
Travelshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 3,408
Re: S90 over the G11

Let me take another point of view. I had a G9 and used it for several thousand pictures on international tour using a Fuji F31fd for the inside stuff as the G9 was not exactly stellar at high ISO and low light situations, and let's face it, flash gets you the front of the room and is not allowed in many churches, temples, relic rooms, etc. From there I went to a G10 and used it for several thousand pictures on international tour using a Fuji F31fd for the inside stuff as the G10 also was not exactly stellar at high ISO and low light situations, and let's face it, flash gets you the front of the room and is not allowed in many churches, temples, relic rooms, etc. From there I went SLR (5DMK2) and there are no more low light problems.

I selected the S90 for my travel backup (RAW) and for dinners out, night markets etc., after carrying the SLR all day. I have used it for several hundred test shots already, in RAW, and find it very competent. Comparted to another recent poster I do not find the shutter button in the wrong place, do not find a flash (Ihave no use for) to be in the way of my fingers, and generall find the rear wheel well placed and just right for the Av setting which I use to control exposure time.

Just my two cents... the G11 was never going to be my selection as a backup to my SLR setup but, if I was picking one camera to be my everyday, front line and only camera, I would pick it first. They are different cams for different purposes.
--
http://www.martindareff.com

taken at Hoi An Vietnam

Travelshooter's gear list:Travelshooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX10 IV Samsung Galaxy S7 edge +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow